Monday, January 28, 2008

One year

My father died a year ago today. [That would be January 29. As I write this, it's still January 28 Stateside.]

There's a big havan (prayer service) at the parent's house -- mom's house -- today. I arrived in Baroda a few hours back, after a 36 hour journey with a 6+ hour layover in Detroit, and a 5+ hour overnight layover at the airport in Bombay.

The havan will be starting soon. I'm cleaned up, dressed in white (the Hindu color of mourning), and barely awake.

I'll be praying the Office of the Dead today. Please keep us all in your prayers.

3 comments:

Dogwood Dell said...

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family during your havan.

Peace.

Anonymous said...

May he rest in peace, and enjoy the company of my dad.

Unknown said...

My prayers are with you and your family.