Thursday, May 01, 2014

50 Days of Easter - Day 12

Today I celebrated the funeral of a young father of five children, tragically killed in the storms that came through yesterday.

As the shadow of death crosses over our parish in this Paschal season of new life, I want to share today the Gospel from the funeral Mass. Let the Word of God console and strengthen us today and always. As Mary runs out to meet Jesus, let us also always run to Him who is the Resurrection and the Life.


Pray for Pedro, Rufina amd their children. Mother Mary, pray for us now and at the hour of our death.

When Jesus arrived, he found that Lazarus had already been in the tomb for four days.18Now Bethany was near Jerusalem, only about two miles* away.19And many of the Jews had come to Martha and Mary to comfort them about their brother.20When Martha heard that Jesus was coming, she went to meet him; but Mary sat at home.21Martha said to Jesus, “Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died.i22[But] even now I know that whatever you ask of God, God will give you.”23Jesus said to her, “Your brother will rise.”24Martha said to him, “I know he will rise, in the resurrection on the last day.”j25Jesus told her, “I am the resurrection and the life; whoever believes in me, even if he dies, will live,26and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die. 

No comments: