Tuesday, April 29, 2014

50 Days of Easter - Day 10

April 29 is the Memorial of St. Catherine of Siena in the Roman calendar.


St. Catherine is a remarkable woman, a mystic, a diplomat, an admonisher of Popes, and a lover of God. Today's meditation from the Office of Readings of the Liturgy of the Hours is powerful.
I have tasted and seen the depth of your mystery and the beauty of your creation with the light of my understanding. I have clothed myself with your likeness and have seen what I shall be. Eternal Father, you have given me a share in your power and the wisdom that Christ claims as his own, and your Holy Spirit has given me the desire to love you. You are my Creator, eternal Trinity, and I am your creature. You have made of me a new creation in the blood of your Son, and I know that you are moved with love at the beauty of your creation, for you have enlightened me.
Her classical spiritual treatise, the Dialogue, is available online. You can read her famous letter to Pope Gregory XI (on EWTN's website, after her biography).

Learn more about this Saint and Doctor of the Church! 

No comments: