Monday, July 28, 2008

On retreat

I will be on retreat with my seminarian brothers starting in a couple of hours until Friday August 1. Right now I'm at a Starbucks in downtown ATL. [FYI Franklin, the one at GA Tech offers only the GA Tech wifi network which nonstudents cannot log onto. I'm at one on 7th & Peachtree. Where I'm picking up a free SSID. :)]

After that, I'm in SC for a few days, then back in Atlanta, then Seattle and Spokane (Making Disciples with the Siena Institute, Aug 10-14), before returning to Atlanta, collecting my things, and starting the drive up to seminary, with stops in Greenville SC, possibly Greensboro NC, and Washington DC.

Those who know me, know that I delight in such schedules. :)

Which means I'm looking forward to this retreat even more -- time for prayer and quiet and some good reading: a book of homilies by St. Jose María Escriva and (thanks to my new Cielini friends), the Religious Sense by Fr. Giussani.

Comment moderation stays on ... but feel free to leave comments as you wish. Incidentally, there's an interesting response to the post on the Indian Bible below.

Otherwise -- have a good week y'all!

2 comments:

Hezekiah Garrett said...

Well, at least it is free. Sorry 'bout that!

But there are cielini in Greenville, Greensboro, and of course all over DC. In fact, in DC, I really want you to meet Rick Kushner, Barry Stohlman and Marco and Letizia Bardazzi. All wonderful people, which further underscores that Jesus has no taste in friends, since he put me with them.

Anonymous said...

I see that you will be in my neck of the woods for the Making Disciples Seminar in Spokane (Spoke-ann)! I went to Colorado Springs last year for the training and found it and my fellow attendees fascinating!
Know that I will pray for your mission with our Holy Father "that the answer of the entire people of God to the common vocation to sanctity and mission may be promoted and fostered, with careful discernment of the charisms and a constant commitment to spiritual and cultural formation" (Aug. 2008 papal prayer intentions).