Saturday, July 26, 2008

Beyond belief ...

It's appalling and absolutely beyond belief that someone would steal the personal and private prayer that Senator Obama deposited in the Wailing Wall, and publicize it, and add something so sacred into the cynical and vicious political jawboning of the campaign.

Where is civility and decency? Common courtesy? Is nothing at all sacred anymore?

The Anchoress (hardly a supporter of the Senator's bid for the Presidency) is vituperative, but right on.

Lord have mercy on us!

2 comments:

Hezekiah Garrett said...

Heh. I love it when the Anchoress gets something right. Leaves all warm and fuzzy.

To shore up her Monataigne quote, hear it is plainly put from the lips of the 20th century's World Poet Laureat, Bob Dylan...

"If my thought dreams could be seen, they'd probably put my head in the guillotine. But it's alright, Ma, I'm only dying."

Katherine said...

Sad. But I thank God that he returned safely.