Thursday, April 17, 2008

I know him!


Just tuned into it as the Kyrie was starting at the Mass with the Holy Father at Nationals Stadium ... and who do I see? A former Paulist brother! Deacon Steven Bell CSP, who will be, God willing, ordained to the priesthood this summer.

Steven is a talented singer, and seems to know half the world. His ordination will be overflowing.

And here he is cantoring the Mass for the Holy Father! GO STEVEN!

[I'm going to switch to EWTN. Can't stand the Fox anchors chattering away, and commercials interrupting Mass!]

Oh, and in the choir I also spotted good friend Bree Dawkins. GO BREE!!!!

5 comments:

Liam said...

USCCB is streaming the Mass live on the web too. The commentary is understated and helpful and there are no commercials.

Fr. Gaurav Shroff said...

I ended up watching it on EWTN on a big tv. Unfortunately. The unfortunate part being EWTN. There wasn't really any commentary during Mass, except at one point, when Fr. Neuhaus couldn't resist pooh-poohing the music, and just as Mass ended, he launched into a dour grumble. I'm going to blog on that in a second. It ruined the whole darn mood.

Mattheus Mei said...

Go Steven!!! Woo Hoo, had to link to this post!

Jason said...

hehe...When I first heard the cantoring of the Kyrie, I thought, "Gee, that voice sounds familiar," and then sure enough! There he was!

I had to leave right after the amazing homily to teach class, but I also caught Fr. Neuhaus's comment and had a similar reaction.

Anonymous said...

I blogged about Deacon Bell's participation as well! I sang at his ordination. He was just beaming.