Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Where do I begin?

The past couple of days have been so rich and filled with so much, I don't know where to begin!

Brief highlights:

Lots of excellent conversation ... with my host, a priest from Ireland; with a friend of a friend, a Jesuit, who teaches at the Oriental College, with Mike Aquilina (we finally got to meet! In Rome! Hurrah!) of the Fathers of the Church, and his colleague and friend from the St. Paul's Center for Biblical Theology, Rob Corzine. And, with Dr. Scott Hahn.

More on all that later. I'm waiting for a YouTube video of clips from today's General Audience with the Holy Father to upload. In the meanwhile, enjoy these random photos ...

The Irish College at night

The Spanish Steps at night

Just absolutely, plain, wrong! Soy Gelato?? EW!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

and Dr. scott Hahn... crazy g... wait for me... i will be there on friday, P.

Mattheus Mei said...

Scott Hahn!!! THATS AWESOME!!!

St. Elizabeth of Cayce said...

When I first saw the gelato di soia, which was also senza zucchero, I knew there was a God. (OK, I already knew that, but what a wonderful gift to a vegetarian with diabetes! I'd previously resigned myself to watching Izzy enjoying a wonderful summertime treat -- now I got to have something sweet as well. It's all in how you look at it.

Fr. Gaurav Shroff said...

@st. lizzy. Yes, mea culpa. I was thinking from a very exclusivist mindset!!!

St. Elizabeth of Cayce said...

Of course, Izzy would agree with your initial impression. When we go to Chucktown, we stop in at a gelateria that has wonderful flavors (for him). The soy-based sugar-free gelato in in a special freezer marked as puppy treats. Sad...