Saturday, January 05, 2008

The peace of God

Teach me, O LORD, the way of thy statutes; and I will keep it to the end.
Give me understanding, that I may keep thy law and observe it with my whole heart.
Lead me in the path of thy commandments, for I delight in it.
Incline my heart to thy testimonies, and not to gain!
Turn my eyes from looking at vanities; and give me life in thy ways.
Confirm to thy servant thy promise, which is for those who fear thee.
Turn away the reproach which I dread; for thy ordinances are good.
Behold, I long for thy precepts; in thy righteousness give me life!

(Psalm 119:33-40)

Have no anxiety about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will keep your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
(Phil 4:6-7)

No comments: