Wednesday, November 14, 2007

AmericanPapist: Not Your Average Catholic!: How do I get tickets to the Pope's Mass?

AmericanPapist has some preliminary info: the tickets will be available through the Archdiocese of New York and Washington. AmericanPapist: Not Your Average Catholic!: How do I get tickets to the Pope's Mass? Time to come up with a count down tracker for Peter's arrival on our shores!!!!

:: UPDATE :: I called the Archdiocese -- no information yet as to when tickets will be available. They said to check their website regularly, which I'll be doing every day. This news release says that details on ticket distribution will be announced "soon."

Thomas Peters (AmPapist) has some details of the Pope's visit to CUA and the Shrine ... most of it seems to be non-public. He does say that outside the closed events often people are allowed to gather and one can get a glimpse of, or even get close to, the Holy Father.

As far as the seminary goes -- I talked informally to one of the superiors. Bottom line: "you're on your own to get tickets." I didn't expect anything different really ... :-| Papists, I suspect, are rare in the Society. So, I guess, I'll keep plugging away, and hopefully I can land a few tickets for friends and any of my seminarian brothers who're interested. ::

3 comments:

Dogwood Dell said...

Time to rally the requests!

Peter said...

So what do you do if you don't have a bishop????

Gashwin said...

Peter: I guess y'all in SC could try sucking up to either the Administrator, or the Archbishop?

My goal is to get a dozen tickets minimum. 4 for seminarians, 4 for friends in the area and 4 for any visitors from out of town who might want to come up :)