Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Top of the Rock

We're visiting the mother church in New York City today, and after dinner, the pastor, and our host, Fr. Martinez, took us for a nice walk to Rockefeller Center. I'd never been to the Top of the Rock before. It was a rather windless night, clear skies, with a spectacular view of the City's twinkling lights laid out before us, planes on approach to Rwy 1 at LGA clearly visible over Brooklyn to the left, a few going over northern Manhattan, leaving LGA, the occasional one going up the Hudson at about 3000 ft or so.

I was kicking myself for not bringing the camera on this trip. I figured I'd already been to Oak Ridge, and didn't need it. Oh well. Here are some rather inadequate photos from the cell phone.

Well, this one's from the street: That's St. Patrick's Cathedral on Fifth Ave.


 

St. Patrick's from the top


 

The Empire State Building


Posted by Picasa

No comments: