Wednesday, September 26, 2007

52 questions Meme

Surely I have better things to do on my last evening in Toronto? Nah. I'll be back. I can sense it. Whatever that means.

Saw this at St. Lizzy's.

So, here goes. (After the jump, for those readers who find such self-disclosure to be silly.)

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Most people were named before I was. (rim shot) {That's lifted directly from Izzy! Imitation is the best form of flattery!}. By Hindu custom I should have had a name beginning with R (some complicated astrological thing), but because my brother's name started with G, so did mine. I didn't have a vote. :)

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? Hmm. I seem to cry nowadays only when I seriously miss my father. I think the last time was on August 29, seven months to the day he died.

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Yes

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Uh. Hmm. Ham?

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Nope. Holy Mother Church might have some issues if I did.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I hope so. I make friends easily.

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM? Yeah right.

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Last I checked.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? No. Fear of heights. Big time.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? I don't really care.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Yes.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Physically, no.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Gelato, baby!

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Hmm. Skin color. It's true.

15. RED OR PINK? Red. Da zdravstvuyet revolyutsiya!

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? How critical I get of others.

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My father.

18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Nope. Follow the meme if you wish though.

19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Jeans. No shoes.

20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Pizza at Pizza Pizza.

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? LOTR - Fellowship of the Ring soundtrack.

22. IF YOU WHERE (sic) A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Perrywinkle! (I have no idea what that is even!)

23. FAVORITE SMELLS? The wet earth after the first monsoon rains. Red onions frying. The sea breeze. I have a very poor sense of smell.

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? The friend I was having dinner with earlier.

25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? St. Lizzy? Heck yeah!

26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? GAMECOCK FOOTBALL!

27. HAIR COLOR? Black. Flecks of grey!!!!!

28. EYE COLOR? Dark brown.

29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Yes

30. FAVORITE FOOD? Thai. South Indian.

31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Anything that's real.

32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? 3:10 to Yuma

33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Garnet.

34. SUMMER OR WINTER? Winter. Well, winters in the South at least.

35. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs.

36. FAVORITE DESSERT? Tiramisu. Jalebi.

37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? No sé.

38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? See above.

39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? The Undercover Economist. A History of Christianity in India. Truth and Tolerance: Christianity and the Religions of the World.

40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Mouse pad?

41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? I didn't.

42. FAVORITE SOUND? The deep roar of a turbine sucking in air and thrusting it out as the aircraft hurtles down the runway. The deep roar of the thrust reversers engaging after touchdown. Church bells in a distance. The drone of a tanpura.

43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beatles.

44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Australia? (Assuming home = US)

45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? Languages?

46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? New Delhi.

47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK? Nah.

48. IF YOU COULD CHANGE YOUR JOB/CAREER RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD YOU CHOOSE? Pilot.

49. WHAT'S THE WORST TROUBLE YOU GOT INTO WHEN YOU WERE A TEENAGER? Like I'm going to put that on here.

50. ARE YOUR PARENTS DIVORCED? No.

51. DO YOU WISH THEY WERE STILL TOGETHER? Yes!

52. WHAT IS THE ONE THING YOU LOVE ABOUT YOURSELF? Geez. Like I need to feed my ego any more.

1 comment:

PixelChick said...

Jalebis - sweet! Just got back this week, missing India with a vengeance :( How have you been?