Sunday, August 12, 2007

Gospel Squirm

From today's Gospel.
Sell your belongings and give alms.
Provide money bags for yourselves that do not wear out,
an inexhaustible treasure in heaven
that no thief can reach nor moth destroy.
For where your treasure is, there also will your heart be.
Squirm.
But if that servant says to himself,
‘My master is delayed in coming,’
and begins to beat the menservants and the maidservants,
to eat and drink and get drunk,
then that servant’s master will come
on an unexpected day and at an unknown hour
and will punish the servant severely
and assign him a place with the unfaithful
Squirm Squirm
Much will be required of the person entrusted with much,
and still more will be demanded of the person entrusted with more.
Squirm Squirm SQUIRM.

1 comment:

angelmeg said...

This was the gospel the week I was struggling with all the harsh decisions I had to make to keep mom safe (nursing home, sell her house etc.)

Somehow that last phrase gave me comfort. It was exactly what I needed to hear when I was beginning to doubt my ability to care for her needs.