Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Déjà vu all over again?

Flying up bright and early tomorrow to Washington DC to restart seminary and the formal discernment process with the Missionary Society of St. Paul the Apostle. Last year I rented an SUV, packed it full of my stuff (~80% books) and drove it one-way to DC. This year, one-way rentals were in the $170-$180 range. So, I'm flying up. $88 on Air Tran. Can't beat that. Hopefully my two packed suitcases (most of my stuff is in a storage room at seminary already -- I got some stuff out for the summer. Goes to show how little one needs, and I guess I really ought to prune that pile of stuff. Hmm, seems like I thought the same thing last year!) will not exceed 50lb total. [Oh yeah. It's not just two suitcases. A few boxes are being generously hauled up I-95 by good friend Tom who's visiting SC for Labor Day.]

I am grateful for the ability to spend time with my father in his dying days, and with my mother and family afterwards, for the support, sympathy and understanding from the Paulists (and my family in SC!) and for a very relaxing (and healing) summer. I'm itching to start back up. I suspect I won't be as heartsick as I was last year.

But of course, I'll miss y'all in SC! Stay in touch, come visit, and keep those prayers coming!

Perhaps I shouldn't reading anything too ominous into the fact that I'm restarting seminary on the Solemnity of the Beheading of St. John the Baptist. :)

FLIGHT DATE DEPART ARRIVE GATE SEAT
314 29AUG07 Charlotte, NC 10:36 AM Atlanta, GA 11:43 AM
199 29AUG07 Atlanta, GA 2:13 PM Washington-Reagan 3:53 PM

No comments: