Monday, May 21, 2007

Hyderabad Mosque Bombing

Haven't been following the news in the past couple of days (recovery from jet lag, attending dance recitals, birthday festivities for friends, iffy internet access where I'm staying, etc.) so I missed the story about the bombing at the Mecca masjid in Hyderabad and the tension that has gripped the city since. Here's the NYT's coverage. Prayers for calm please. Georgette (who blogged at Chronicles of a Meandering Traveller) lives in Hyderabad. Hope all's well!

2 comments:

georgette said...

Hey Gashwin!

Actually I'm visiting Raleigh right now, but I got word from my hubby still back in Hyderabad that they were all fine. It was a bit of a scare, though. I think the rampaging that the bomb caused was more harmful, as more folks got shot from the cops in that episode than were killed/harmed from the blast. I pray it all calms down and blows over.

God bless!

~Georgette

Gashwin said...

Hey, you're just up the road from me (well about 4 hours up the road. Which is closer than normal ...). Glad to hear that your folks are ok.