Monday, December 25, 2006

Natal mubarak!

(I'm on dialup, so trying to do the Devnagiri is a bit tedious ... it requires looking up various Unicode tables and what not ... )

Merry Christmas! ¡Feliz Navidad! Joyeux Noel! Buon natale!

I hope all y'all have an absolutely fantastic day and best wishes for the holy Season ahead. It's a bright, warm and humid morning here in Bombay. The flight from Delhi last night was about three hours late (fog, ATC congestion. The usual). I had a seat right up front near the bulkhead (with extra legroom. Hey, even Indian treats me well!), and that characteristic Airbus roar/whine as the engines spool up to maximum thrust on takeoff is just delightful.

I missed the night Mass my friends were going to (It started at 10pm. I landed at 10:15pm), but after they got back, hung out with Denzil & friends & wives (and sleeping kids) catching up, and stuffing ourselves on all kinds of delicacies (marzipan! choris pao!) till absurd hours of the morning. Woke up well in time for the 9:30 am Mass at St. Francis Xavier down the street ... one of the most low-key and rapid Christmas Masses I've been to, lasting all of 45 minutes. I guess being jet lagged helps. Who knows where the body clock is right now!

Now for a lazy day ahead hanging out in Bandra.

Puer nobis natus est! Gaudeamus igitur!

No comments: