Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Lay down your burdens

[No, no. Not the BSG episode.] Today's Gospel.
Jesus said to the crowds:
“Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened,
and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me,
for I am meek and humble of heart;
and you will find rest for yourselves.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden light.”
The homily:
If we have any burdens that are too heavy, or if the yoke isn't easy, maybe it isn't Jesus' burdens, or his yoke that we're carrying.
Yep a one sentencer. And it wan't our Novice Master either (who specializes in ... um ... pithy homilies :-)). The funny thing is, I was thinking on the same lines as I heard the Gospel proclaimed. I wonder what the Lord wants me to hear ... ?

[Incidentally, at the Confirmation class I assist with, this past Sunday, I'd brought up these lines. None of the teens knew what a yoke was, however. Oy!]

No comments: