Thursday, December 14, 2006

Has Microsoft taken over Google? Gmail down ...

My gmail account has been down since last night about 11:00 pm.
Server Error

We're sorry, but Gmail is temporarily unavailable. We're currently working to fix the problem -- please try logging in to your account in a few minutes.
This is most annoying! Gmail is now my primary email ... So, Google, you keep trumpeting your new server-based software capabilities -- it won't fly if this is what happens.

Of course there is no acknowledgement that this is happening. Seems that it's par for the course ...

Yahoo Mail looks even more attractive now!

2 comments:

mitanshu said...

Google Group for gmail is seeing a heavy activity. Still no word from Gmail team. A Starnge point to note is that while some accounts are accessible, others are not. People are able to use all service from a Google account except for Gmail.

http://mitanshu.blogspot.com/2006/12/gmail-server-errors-gmail-down.html

elenion said...

Interesting... I guess my account was one of those that didn't get affected, because I haven't had any trouble with my gmail account. I've seen that message before, but never for more than a minute or two at a time, and rarely at that.