Thursday, December 28, 2006

GO GAMECOCKS!!!! Eat those cougars!!

Tomorrow the Gamecocks face off against the Houston Cougars in the Liberty Bowl in Memphis TN. The match starts (The match? Hello? I must have cricket on the brain!) Kickoff is at 3:30 pm Central ... which is ... [gulp] 3:00 am IST on Dec. 30. Hopefully when I wake up on the holy day (you know, the anniversary of my birth. ... What? Me, pretentious? Nah ... :-p), the first birthday present will be a GAMECOCK BOWL VICTORY!

And Ryan C -- don't get too silly with your buds out in Memphis. I need you to stay sober enough to recollect the game so you can relate it to me when I'm back Stateside!

GO COCKS!

[Hmm, it's neat that the Liberty Bowl has a designated charity that it supports by giving it "international exposure." One can hope that this also includes a goodly sum of greenbacks as well?]

1 comment:

St. Elizabeth of Cayce said...

Happy birthday! Steve, Syvelle, Blake, et al have arranged a special gift for you.

44-36.

We arrived home in the 4th quarter, flipped on ESPN and were quite surprised to see the score with 7 minutes left in the game. It got a bit exciting with three minutes to go, but I think the SC fans who drove out to Memphis got what they were hoping for--the first USC football win in December since 1960.

More highlights.