Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I for one welcome our Democratic overlords ...

Well, no one comes here for informed punditry or prognostications of the political future and so on.

In brief, I'm pleased the Republicans got a well deserved thrashing - for the huge mess that has been Iraq, for corruption, for sleaze. The Dems, especially the party's leftward fringe, should remember that this still remains a rather conservative country, however. This was an anti-Republican election. Not a pro-Democrat one, (whatever that would mean).

As an ardent pro-lifer, I am very ambivalent about the Democratic party overall, especially hitherto dogmatic approach to abortion, but am glad that pro-life Democracts were allowed to run (and won!). [Not that I'm not ambivalent about the Republicans either.]

And the one thing I hope, apart from (wishful thinking?) new direction in Iraq, is that Bush and a Democractic Congress and actually bring about some serious immigration reform.

Now for the real coverage:

Jonah Goldberg at NRO has this hilarious quote, paraphrasing a famous TV personality: "I for one welcome our new Democratic overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted rightwing personality, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves."

Heh.

And the winner is .... [drumroll] .... The Onion, of course:

Politicians sweep mid-term elections.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You make me smile.
Sean