Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The view from the roof

There's a belltower at St. Paul's. Rickety stairs (I mean the steps look half rotten and barely able to carry anyone's weight) lead to a trapdoor, which swings open to a small area, with the most fantastic view of the city.

I got these on Sunday when we took some of the visiting retreatants up to enjoy the view. (And yes, the weather in the capital has been just gorgeous), and then the camera battery died. I ran down to my room (well not on that rickety staircase I didn't ... anyway :)) and discovered that I had no charged batteries. Oh well.

 
The Shrine.

 
Looking to the east. The castle-like structure is the formation house of the Congregation of the Most Holy Redeemer (The Redemptorists). It's quite ironic that the Redemptorist property abuts the Paulist grounds, given the history of the founding of the CSPs ... :) Posted by Picasa

No comments: