Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I don't exist

Got this from Georgette's blog. It uses some statistical thingie to determine how many people have my name. (This is based on the real name, not the blog name :-)). Apparently I'm a figment of my own imagination ... :-)

Though, there's 630 people with the last name. Aren't we happy! :)

The FAQ states (quoting someone from Diggstown. Diggstown? What kind of name is that? Sheesh!) it's important that we don't take this as a rejection of us personally. Well, we do. Most certainly. And most personally. We are, in fact, going to talk to a lawyer. I'm sure it could be shown that their statistical model is, in fact, skewed against brown people. Yeah there aren't that many brown people with weird names in the US. But so what? It's unfair. It's un-American that I don't exist!


HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are:
0
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?

6 comments:

pritcher said...

Don't fret too much. My fiance doesn't exist either. In fact, no one in her family does.

Gashwin said...

Hehe who's fretting? It gave me a good laugh.

Dogwood Dell said...

It appears that I exist too much. There are over 23,000 of us running around.

The interesting thing is that I encounter people emailing me at work thinking I'm one of the others running around in SC.

I even ran into a photographer in the Upstate with my name. Showed his business card (which had his signature) to Mrs. Dell - it was quite scary on the similar style.

Be glad you don't have any other Gashwins running around. It can be a hassle to explain who you really are instead of mistaken identity.

Besides – there can only be one Gashwin! Two would be too many.

Sincerely,

Dogwood

St. Elizabeth of Cayce said...

One wonders:

--Since Gashwin is currently in the US and has been for over a decade (including during one census), and
--Since Gashwin should be in someone's database: school records, driver's license, immigration, local board of pardons & parole ||wink||,
--One would assume that there would be at least one of him in the list.

Where did that one go? Will he be coming back?

Gashwin said...

Well, the only statistics it checked was the Census Bureau. And, because of a miscommunication, I was not counted in the 2000 census, cause dear Bill (at whose place I was staying) didn't think it was necessary to mention me on his census form.

So, I remain non-existent. It's an interesting state. :-)

pritcher said...

Does this mean no one in the Cendro family filled out a census form? Man, it's best I learn these things now.

kodylvx...