Thursday, August 31, 2006

WOO HOO!!! Go Cocks!

Fifteen nothing against Mississippi State ... a slow game, that certainly changed pace in the second half. I'm not sure I liked an interception on the very first frickin' play ... and not a great offense ... but still, a win's a win. And yes, Ryan Succop deserves every laurel ... he made the game. Great kickin' boy!

And what a sweet TV -- a fifty somthing inch plasma HD TV. You could count Lou Holtz' wrinkles as the commentors gibbered away during the breaks ...

A few of my novice brothers watched the game with me ... (boy, did they get a taste of Gashwin the Gamecock!) And I was on the phone hootin' and hollerin' with my peeps back in SC. So, instead of feeling even more homesick, I am quite cheered up. Bobby, Matt B, Dogwood (and Mrs. ... "Is he restraining himself" she asked. Uh ... no. :-)), Peter and the crowd over at Frank and Sean's -- thanks for watching the game with me, y'all! Tom J, sorry you couldn't make it over, but safe drive down South tomorrow.

At Mass earlier today, as the comfort of the familiar ritual soothed my frayed emotions, it suddenly hit me: I'm a seminarian. After all this time, it's here. Now I'm pumped ...

... and I need to get me to bed. Mass is bright and early in the am. Night y'all, and thanks for the prayers.
Technorati Tags:

3 comments:

Heather said...

I had similar feelings about the opening play. I actually yelled at the screen "Throw to the black people!" About 15 minutes later in a recap to my parents on the phone I realized exactly what I had said. My roommate had not understood (thinking USC was in the white jerseys - oops. Gosh I miss watching games with other USC fans! I'm so glad you got to share on the phone and that you are settling into your place. Good luck with your new life. I am so excited you are getting to make your dream come true!

Sean said...

I was *this* close to calling you right after the first play...

I'll be praying for you.

Fr. Gaurav Shroff said...

You should'a, pritcher! I was on the phone with SC folk throughout the game ...

heather, that's a priceless story! :) Thanks for the prayers and support, y'all.