Thursday, July 20, 2006

Stephen Colbaayyyr ...

Go to Amy's for a great Colbert roundup. Sorry, can't provide the permalink, because, you know the friggin' ludicrious ban is still on! [Aaaaargh!]

I'm not a huge fan of the Colbert Report -- well, I'm not really a huge fan of anything on TV. [Ok, with the exception of Battlestar Galactica. And HBO's Rome.] However, the few times I've caught it, it's been hilarious. None of the times has Catholicism surfaced, but boy, isn't it fascinating that here's this nationally famous comedian who just lets his Catholicism show up without much ado?

The Colbert liturgical dance -- which I saw on the net -- was just Way Too Darn Funny! The absolute best though was the White House press association dinner. Heh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gashwin,

Stephen C. was the keynote speaker at the SC Trade Conference this past May. His was a stitch and was on SCETV a couple of times.

If interested in seeing the broadcast, I can acquire a copy of DVD of his performance.

I assume that you know he's a Charleston native.

Sincerely,

Dogwood

Fr. Gaurav Shroff said...

Hiya Dogwood: wouldn't mind seeing that if it's not too much trouble.

Yep, I knew about the Charleston connection as well. One of the Charleston Catholic bluebloods that turned out right! [Ok, I've no idea about his family background, that just sounded nice, and I couldn't help but poke fun at our former Attorney General :-)]