Saturday, July 01, 2006

Random Pune



While wandering down the shopping district on M.G. Road the other day, I got my shoes polished. A variety of colored liquids scrubbed on to my leather Hush-Puppies (why the heck am I wearing them in the rains?). "Saab, these haven't been polished in a while!" Yep, who polishes shoes in the US? Outside the military? :) "Must be impo-ted" Actually, I got them on sale in Baroda last year for about Rs. 1200 (~$30), a steal. When I took my camera out to take the shot, the price for this polishing jumped from Rs. 10 to Rs. 22 (~50c). Oh well. :)



The rains mean this! Roasted corn-on-the-cobb! Variously, makka, makkai, bhutta. Freshly roasted on the coals, with lemon juice and a mixture of pepper, red-chilli powder and salt generously rubbed on. Delicious!



The above was spotted in a Barista cafe on M.G. Road. I think not!

No comments: