Tuesday, June 20, 2006

More on Battlestar ...

From Chuck Colson's prison fellowship newsletter, Breakpoint, suggesting that BSG throws up a mirror to the modern western culture, specifically abortion and declining populations. [Via Dom Bettinelli] My thoughts were on similar lines when I saw this episode, without all the other analysis in this article, however. One thing I hadn't thought of was the analogy of the Cylons as Islamic jihadists (a point the author made in a separate column). I always interpreted the Cylons' monotheism as a Judeo-Christian one, exclusive, opposed to the polytheistic humans, though, the jihadist hypothesis is an interesting (and plausible). [And though I'm into the show, I don't troll BSG bulletin boards to find out what fans are talking about.]

Anyway --- a few more months till Season 3 in October. Hoo boy. This whets my appetite ... : )

2 comments:

Napoleon said...

Can you watch television while on lockdown?

Gashwin said...

Oh heck yeah! :) And more than BSG I can't wait for Saturday afternoons in the Fall and :: sigh :: watching Gamecock football on TV or via the Net!