So, with a three month trip to the Subcontinent coming up fast, I figured I'd take some good reading along. Here's what's on the list. There's tons, of course, in my dad's library as well.
(Amazon links will be added anon)
1) The Sparrow. Mary Doria Russell
1) The life you save may be your own. Paul Elie
2) The Middle East. Bernard Lewis
3) The New Concise History of the Crusades. Thomas Madden
4) Sinners Welcome. Mary Karr
I think some 10 books seems reasonable. These are books that I'll buy -- checking stuff out of RCPL for 3 months is not feasible, I'm afraid. :-( Suggestions welcome.
[Yes yes I'm supposed to be getting rid of books. :sigh:]