Thursday, March 09, 2006

Back in the US of A ...

... exhausting day, as you can imagine. The flight from Rome was delayed by an hour and a half since the crew couldn't get to the airport because of a wreck on the motorway. Instead of getting into Newark at 1:55, we landed at 3:30 pm ... with the connection leaving at 4 pm. Mirabile dictu, we made it through immigration and customs in less than 20 minutes (though I was asked to go see a Customs officer to have my bags inspected. She asked me, "what do you do for a living?" I told her. Apparently, working for the Catholic Church was enough! "Oh, just go on ahead!"), through security in another 15. The flight was delayed, so we actually made the connection. The bags didn't -- so I'm staying awake to go get them from the airport (they're supposed to be on the next flight), which is about 10 minutes away.

[Oh -- first time that I recall that the approach into CAE was into Runway 23. Normally they use 29-11. Different winds, I guess. Neat approach path --- right over the confluence of the Broad and the Saluda, and then across Cayce, pretty much following Hwy 302 down to the threshold.]

Thanks for following along! I'll put up a post when all the pictures are on Flickr.

No comments: