Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Welcome ...

... to those visiting from Open Book. Amy, thanks for the plug! [Wow. I'm just stunned to be mentioned on there.]. The post on Sunday's Mass that she mentioned is below.

A clarification -- I live in SC, in the good ol' US of A, though I was born and brought up in India, and baptized there as an adult (does that count as "global Catholic?"). I just happen to be on a visit to family in India (and a trip to China the prior week).

My rambles on here (and they are rarely more than that) cover things Catholic, things Indian, things Catholic and Indian with the occasional odd incursion from my other interests -- travel, aviation, and, um, anything else.

Peace, y'all! Namashkar! :-)

3 comments:

St. Elizabeth of Cayce said...

In SC, where the farthest most folks travel is to Myrtle Beach, I think Gashwin, a polyglot who reads The Economist, who is at home in India, China & Italy, and who takes tea with the Prime Minister's wife, qualifies as a "global Catholic."

angelmeg said...

That's okay Gashwin, those of us who love you know you are from South Carolina.

We sure have enjoyed your travelogue, but are happy to have you back on our side of the pond.

Maggie

Gashwin said...

Thanks a lot St. Liz and Maggie! :)