Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Krung Thep

Greetings from Bangkok (Krung Thep in Thai) International Airport. I left China a few hours ago, and spent my last few yuan on the most expensive sandwich I've had in China -- 63 yuan! Will update the travelogue for the last two days in Guangzhou soon.

It's so nice to be able to actually see my blog again! :-D

Thai Airways is absolutely fantastic. Warm, courteous service. The most legroom I've ever encountered in coach class. Seriously. I can actually stretch my legs! And they just keep plying you with food and drink, on a three hour flight. I'm looking forward to the next leg.

Humorous note: on the safety video, the final warning is: "No sleeping on floor." Hmm. That's a first! (Also forgot to note, on Hainan Airlines, PEK-CAN, the emergency safety card is called "Just In Case." Guess they're being honest ... :))

The flight to Bombay leaves at 7:40 p.m. It's 6:20 p.m. now (7:20 p.m. in Beijing and 6:20 a.m. in the US). Yes yes, I enjoy all these travel things.

No comments: