Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Funny ... :-)

Just got this from an email correspondent:

In *Forward Day By Day* (Episcopal daily devotional book) for Nov. 8th, there is this. "The bishop had just settled into a seat on the plane when he noticed the gentleman seated next to him staring. After a nod of greeting, the cleric sought to lose himself in the Daily Office, but the passenger leaned in and asked, 'You're some kind of preacher, aren't you?' 'Yes,' the bishop allowed, 'I am'. 'Well,' said the seat mate, 'I am an astrophysicist. I've always been interested in the superstitions of religion. I have made a vast study of all the major religious beliefs and practices and I can sum them up in one sentence: 'Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.' 'An astronomer, you say?' the bishop replied. 'Fascinating. I have always loved to ponder the universe, look at the stars, galaxies and planets through telescopes. And do you know what I have discovered? All of astronomy can be summed up on one sentence, too.' 'Not likely,' said the astrophysicist. 'Oh, yes,' said the bishop. 'It goes like this: 'Twinkle, twinkle, little star...' "

No comments: